PROPANE GAS (C3H3)
Propane Technical Data
Propane, ALSO KNOW AS LPG, is a colorless, flammable, liquefied gas with a natural gas odor. IT IS A SAFE, CLEAN, AND EFFICIENT PRODUCT THAT CAN BE USED IN A RESIDENTIAL OR COMMERCIAL APPLICATION.
Tulsa Gas & Gear offers different sizes of propane cylinders to for use as a cutting fuel ranging from 27 pounds to 420 pounds.
Tulsa Gas & Gear is approved to visually rE-CERTIFY your out of date propane cylinders. CYLINDERS must be re-certified after 12 years from the ORIGINAL manufacturer date.
Need More Information
PROPANE aPPLICATIONS AND USES
CUTTING- Propane is commonly used by scrap yards for cutting carbon steel, where the cut quality is not critical. Where cut quality is not a concern, propane may be a cost-effective fuel gas. The flame temperature of the oxy-propane flame is lower than acetylene.
FORKLIFT- PROPANE IS COMMONLY USED TO POWER FORKLIFTS. tULSA GAS AND GEAR WILL PROVIDE YOUR COMPANY WITH A FORKLIFT EXCHANGE PROGRAM. CYLINDER EXCHANGE IS THE SAFEST WAY TO SUPPLY FORKLIFT PROPANE. Everyone wants the safest working environment for their employees. When you refill your own propane cylinders, you have an obligation to ensure you meet all of the critical safety propane requirements. By choosing propane cylinder exchange, you can avoid all of these hassles. There are Many advantages to using our forklift propane exchange program including:
• Competitive pricing that is usually less than other delivery methods
• Cylinders are inspected each time they are returned to our facility for refill
• No liquid transferred on your premises
• Damaged cylinders are removed from service
• Leaky valves are repaired or replaced
• O-Rings are replaced as needed
• routing schedule (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or will-call)
• BAR CODE TRACKED DELIVERY FOR ACCURATE SHIPS AND RETURNS OF CYLINDERS
• All light weight aluminum cylinders
• Lockable storage racks
• No order too small
• Friendly drivers and staff
HEATING- PROPANE SPACE HEATERS ARE COMMONLY USED IN INDUSTRIAL SHOPS DURING THE WINTER TIME AS A MEANS OF HEATING. TULSA GAS CAN GEAR CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH PORTABLE CYLINDERS FROM 60 POUNDS TO 420 POUNDS THAT CAN BE MOVED AROUND.
COOKING GRILLING- DO YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR HOME BBQ GRILLING PROPANE TANK REFILLED? WE CAN DO THAT AS WELL. JUST COME BY AND SEE US OR GIVE US A CALL. OUR TANK REFILL SERVICE WILL SAVE YOU MONEY VERSUS EXCHANGING YOUR CYLINDER. We fill your BBQ gas grill tank with the amount of propane for which the tank was designed. Propane exchange centers only put 15 lbs in your tank. We give you AT LEAST 20% more for the same price!!!
• We fill your cylinder by weight so you can be assured you get a full tank
• We will take the cylinder from your vehicle, refill it, and place it back into the vehicle
• We fill YOUR cylinder while you wait (your tank is not exchanged for an older tank).
• We will inspect your tank for any safety issues
• We offer easy drive up access
• We fill all sizes of propane cylinders
• If your tank is out of date we can requalify the cylinder, or we can dispose of the cylinder for you
PROPANE TRANSPORTATION AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Cylinders above 40-lb capacity cannot be transported in the cab space where the driver is located. Vehicles such as cars, vans, etc fall under this category.
Cylinder above 40 lbs. must be transported in an upright position and secured in a pickup truck or trailer.
Cylinder 40 lbs and below can be transported in the cab of a car or van, up to a maximum of 90 lbs. You can transport up to four 20-lb cylinders inside your vehicle.
All cylinders must be transported in an upright position after they are filled. Cylinders may not be transported lying down.
• Do not smoke while handling propane cylinders.
• If you detect a leak, shut off valves and place cylinder outside.
• Contact your propane provider to repair or replace propane tank.
• Always, wear proper eye protection and gloves when handling propane cylinders.
• When not in use always close all propane valves.
• Store all cylinders in safety storage racks away from any source of ignition or extreme heat.
• Always read warning labels attached to propane cylinders.
• Direct contact with propane will cause freeze burns to skin.
• Remember, propane is a hazardous material, treat it with respect!